Cannot close a ticket on next gen SCRUM board

Kathryn Moore October 25, 2018

Hello,

I recently set up a next gen scrum board and have a backlog, sprint and all the usual stuff.

I cannot however seem to be close tickets. There is no option for tickets, either in the sprint or in the backlog, to close a ticket. 

This is a relatively basic need as otherwise the backlog will become rather cluttered and unmanageable.

Can someone help? :)

Thank yoScreen Shot 2018-10-25 at 11.00.18.pngu !

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 25, 2018

Hello,

You should move your ticket to the most right column.

Kathryn Moore October 25, 2018

Thanks for the answer but in this case the ticket still shows in backlog view, and in the sprint. Furthermore, for tickets not in the sprint (so tickets on the backlog) there is no column to move them to: some tickets need closed before entering a sprint for example. 

Kathryn Moore October 31, 2018

Hello,

Can anyone help with this?

Thank you!

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2018

If you close this sprint, then these tickets will dissapear. Are you sure that you use sprints? Because if you do not use them then such tickets will dissapear after 14 days.

Kathryn Moore October 31, 2018

Hey Alexey,

I have a sprint and a backlog: I just want to be able to close tickets on the backlog before they enter a sprint.

Is this not possible on next gen scrum boards?

Thanks a lot!

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 31, 2018

I see. Click on the issue in the backlog and move issue to the Closed/Done status in the issue preview, which is open in the right part of your screen.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events