[Agility project] Set categories for statuses

Pavel Khandramay October 26, 2018

I using new agility project now. Before i was able to create statuses and set one of three category for this.

Screenshot from 2018-10-26 12-33-55.png

How can i do it now?

Screenshot from 2018-10-26 11-12-12.png

I want that REJECTED and DONE having Done category for example

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 29, 2018

Hi Pavel,

In the next-gen agility project there is no option to edit a workflow, but to add new statuses you can click on the Screenshot 2018-10-29_16-49-30.png.
Then to choose the correct category for each status you can press "." to open the search box or go to Jira Settings > Issues > Statuses and click on "Edit" to change the category.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Angélica

Pavel Khandramay November 6, 2018

Thank you @Angélica Luz

You right, i can create new statuses. But i don't see them in  Jira Settings > Issues > Statuses

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 9, 2018

Hi Pavel,

So sorry, I thought that I added a status that already existed on the system, so I thought that it would appear. Now I created a new one with a different name and confirmed that it does not appear, that the status that we create on next-gen project it only works for that project.

I tested here and all new status added before "To Do" will be of the category "To do". Status added between "To do" and "Done" will be set as "In progress". Status added after "Done" will be of the category "Done".

Regards,
Angélica

Like Pavel Khandramay likes this
Pavel Khandramay November 12, 2018

Thank you. But this is not good, because we have next flow process.

backlog (to do) -> to do (to do) -> in progress (in progress) -> code review (in progress) -> qa (in progress) -> ready for preprod (done) -> prod qa (in progress) -> ready for prod (done) -> done (done) and rejected (done)

After task was tested, it ready for preprod release. Where we merge all tasks together and make last testing before it will go to the prod.

When task getting "ready for preprod" status user don't want see this task as "in progress", because it's done at this moment.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
November 20, 2018

Hi Pavel,

I understand. I've tested here and it's possible to set only one "Done" status. I know that it would be better to let the "Ready for prod" on a green status, but currently, it will be blue.

Sorry that we can't be more helpful on it.

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer