Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing Users

Ryan Koch January 25, 2023

Hello,

We're at 9 of 10 users on our account and 6 of those users have left the company, how can we remove past users so we can add new users?

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Ryan Koch February 12, 2023

I can't even invite new users to the status page since I'm not the "owner"

0 votes
Howard Nedd
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2023

Hi @Ryan Koch ,

I believe you need to be the owner to be able to delete users in user management. You can check who has owner status in this area.

Regards

Howard

Ryan Koch January 25, 2023

Hi @Howard Nedd ,

I appreciate the fast response! I can't quite see who the owner is - It's just displaying myself and two former employees as "Product Admin" but no owner titles. My guess then is that one of them is the owner, so not sure if Atlassian Support can make me owner in the meantime.

Howard Nedd
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2023

@Ryan Koch Go to the users tab and within the users tab  you can see which role an user has Generally a product owner is setup as an owner.

Regards

Howard

PT February 12, 2023

I have a similar question about removing users. We have a lot of external users that we would like to check if their accounts are still active and if not have them removed. Is this possible through our side of StatusPage? Or would we have to contact each company and go through a list of registered user accounts with them and remove who are no longer active?

Ryan Koch February 12, 2023

Thanks @Howard Nedd , my situation remains the same.

In the users tab where I'm at, there are three of us simply labeled as admins, but no one specifically labeled the owner. The other two admins have left the company 9 months ago, and I can't adjust the users.

Again, no user is labeled as the product owner.

Howard Nedd
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 12, 2023

@Ryan Koch ,

Right I understand it a bit better now.

To remove those “admins” go to admin.atlassian. Go to groups and delete those users from the statuspage admin group.

Regards

Howard

Ryan Koch February 13, 2023

Thanks Howard,

That prompts me to create a new status page instead of taking me to those options, I imagine that happens because I'm not the owner.

Howard Nedd
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 13, 2023

@Ryan Koch , Yes. You possible are not a product admin. 

Ryan Koch February 13, 2023

@Howard Nedd I am a product admin, I have the label :)

I've opened a support ticket as we cannot find who the "owner" is, and that's what we need to find out. I appreciate you taking time to respond, have a great week.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events