Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to show full name of affected components in incident notification email?

Richard McChesney January 13, 2022

When we create an incident and select the affected components the two components with the longest names are truncated to 35 characters - the 35 chacaters being the component group name plus the component name.
Is it possible to extend this?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Abraham Musalem
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 14, 2022

Hey Richard,

Thanks for reaching out. Unfortunately there is no way to do this currently. We do have an open feature request for this and I've gone ahead and added you to it. If it ever gets completed, we'll do our best to reach out! I do apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards-

Abe, SP support 

Kathryn Pearlman August 11, 2022

Hi Abe, please add me to the open feature request as well.

We are finding that we end up with a lengthy component group name in order to provide sufficient information to our customers as they subscribe to notifications - but then that component group name blocks our subscribers from being able to see which component is affected in the notification email itself without clicking through.

Do you have any updated information on when this request might be scheduled/completed?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events