cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Analytics tracking not working

Jouni Hyötylä
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 15, 2022

What might be the cause as we see no data while we have confirmed that the tracking code is correct.

There's one part that Atlassians own articles don't cover, which is "STREAM URL" in GA. We've tested with both statuspage URL (ending at .statuspage.io) and with the custom domain that we have set for the page.

No errors appearing on GA, but no data either...

2 answers

1 vote
John M
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 15, 2022

Hi Jouni,

Currently, the Google Analytics integration with Statuspage is only configured to work with Universal Analytics (UA-XXXXXXXXX-X), but not GA4, which supports Data streams.

You may be able to integrate GA4 using the Custom HTML header option.

Jouni Hyötylä
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 17, 2022

Check. Thank you John!

Like John M likes this
Adrian August 18, 2022

Is there any way to use GA4 without the Custom HTML option? That requires a paid plan.

John M
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 22, 2022

Hi Adrian - I'm afraid, currently there is not. 

Adrian August 23, 2022

Got it, thanks John. Do you know if there are plans to support GA4 before UA is shut down in 2023?

John M
Atlassian Team
August 23, 2022

I would expect so, but let me check with our development team to be sure. I will update this thread again once I have a response from them.

Like Adrian likes this
John M
Atlassian Team
August 24, 2022

We do, in fact, have a feature request in our system for this - I'm guessing it will be released at some point before Google removes UA as an option but I don't have an exact date. 

Like # people like this
Adrian August 24, 2022

Wonderful, thanks John!

Like John M likes this
Anders Ekkje Slettebø
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
February 10, 2023

Any updates on this? 

Like # people like this
Brian North March 22, 2023

@John M -Now that we are closer in date, can you confirm this feature will be in place prior to 7/1/2023? We have several status pages setup that will be impacted.

Like # people like this
Ben Koca
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 27, 2023

We'd also be looking for a timeline on when this will be implemented as well.

It would also be great if you supported Google Tag Manager AND Analtyics 4 as use use the former to reduce the number of tags in our system.

Eric R Hartway April 12, 2023

@John M Can you please provide a link to the feature request for adding GA4 functionality so we can keep up with it?

John M
Atlassian Team
April 12, 2023

Hi @Eric R Hartway

Statuspage tickets are not public currently, but you can check back with support using STATUS-477 for this feature. I don't see any updates on it yet but it should be completed in the next few months before UA reaches end of life. 

John W June 2, 2023

What's the status on this?  We're now less than a month away... 

Like Andrew Williams likes this
John M
Atlassian Team
June 2, 2023

I just asked the dev team for an update on this @John W - I'll report what they say here

Brian North June 6, 2023

I submitted a ticket to ask for an update for this issue (STATUS-477), and just received word from Atlassian support that this issue is on track to be completed by June 20th by the Statuspage engineering team.

Like John M likes this
John M
Atlassian Team
June 6, 2023

Thanks, Brian. That is correct, the team has confirmed that the feature should be completed before the end of the month. 

steffan.giebels
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
June 16, 2023

@John M can you shortly describe what the solution will be? Or at least let me know if it will it be enough to simply change the "UA-*" value in the field 'Google Analytics tracking' in [Your page, Page info] to the new "G-*" value after 20-Jun?

John M
Atlassian Team
June 16, 2023

@steffan.giebels We haven't gotten any specs back from engineering but typically when this type of update happens the goal is for a seamless experience for customers, so I would expect the same configuration requirements of entering your GA4 tracking ID.  

Like steffan.giebels likes this
0 votes
Abraham Musalem
Atlassian Team
June 20, 2023

Hey All, 

Abraham here with Statuspage support. GA4 has now been implemented and is ready to be used inside of Statuspage. Please reach out via support.atlassian.com if you encounter any issues or have any questions. 

Best,
Abraham, Statuspage Support

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events