Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Component Status Change

Ken Allison November 3, 2023

Hello,

I have read through CSS and Javascript snippets for customizations | Statuspage | Atlassian Support and we have changed some of the component status to reflect our intended verbiage.

I am wanting to remove one of the categories but the CSS/JS doesn't indicate how to do that.  I've tried removing the VAR object and the String index but the status remains.  

Any help so we only have the 3 statuses?

1 answer

0 votes
Shashwat Khare
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 6, 2023

Hi @Ken Allison ,

I'm from the Statuspage support team and here to help! :) 

May I ask you to confirm that you're looking to remove one of your existing statuspage components?

Could you please elaborate on the categories you mentioned for removal via  CSS/JS ?

Best,
Shashwat

Ken Allison November 8, 2023

So for example, if we have the main four:

"Operational"

"Degraded Performance"

"Minor Outage"

"Major Outage"

And I'd like to remove one of these, how do I do that?  

I've tried to delete the VAR, I've attempted to remove the STR INDEX referencing these but none of them work.  Additionally, the status "key" is linked to using 2 columns of components...is there any way to have the key while using 1 column of components?

Sorry for the additional question, figure I'd ask while I'm here.

Mubeen Mohammed
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 9, 2023

Hello @Ken Allison 

This is Mubeen from Statuspage support team.

As per the current product design, it is not possible to change or add the existing available component status. However, we do have a feature request (STATUS-80) to add the ability to create custom statuses. 

Please note that Statuspage feature requests are currently for internal access only, If you ever need to reference the request to ask about its progress, the ID is STATUS-80 I would recommend keeping an eye out on our community page for any news about feature updates:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Statuspage/ct-p/statuspage 

The currently available workaround is to use custom CSS/HTML/JS to customize the display names of existing statuses on the page (though it will not impact the names of statuses in the Manage portal, nor allow for new statuses to be created)

I hope the information provided is helpful.

Regards
Mohammed Mubeen

Cloud Support Engineer

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events