Is SourceTree being discontinued?

timint October 25, 2020

After a lot of frequent updates they all stopped all the sudden. There hasn't been an update to SourceTree in 10 months (24 Jan 2020). Is SourceTree being discontinued?

1 answer

1 vote
Stephen Garber
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 26, 2020

No, as of now Atlassian hasn't made any announcements involving the discontinuation of sourcetree. 

timint October 26, 2020

I am not convinced. What's stalling them? Hoping an employee will come here and drop a reply.

Like RW FW likes this
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2020

According to a post from June there have some been some rumours around that there is no future - on the other hand there has been reportings that there is no sign for such change.

Probably you gain some more insights from this one - at the moment there is no official announcement to my knowledge but no significant progress either (as for new versions).

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Sourcetree-Enterprise/Sourcetree-is-no-longer-supported-what-is-a-good-alternative/td-p/1403719

timint October 31, 2020

If Atlassian will abandon SourceTree I hope they release the source for the community to continue developing. It's a great app and it enables users to have more fun with Git. I personally choose SourceTree every day over the other Git tools available. Let's cross our fingers there will be good news..

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events