Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is SourceTree (Mac) intended for teams of 100+?

Matt S November 7, 2018

I've been using Atlassian products (JIRA, Confluence, etc.) on and off since maybe 2008 and they've always been solid (with some quirks), but recently I moved to a team that uses only Mac hardware for development. Since I can't use my favorite Windows tools (GitExtensions, proprietary internal tools, etc.), I tried a few alternatives (GitKraken, Fork, GitExtensions on Mono, etc.) on Mac before settling on SourceTree, which seems to offer the best solution for my needs... but I hit issues with it hanging on a daily basis.

• It hangs when I push to origin sometimes
  • It hangs when I search for a file usually
  • It hangs when I try to log a selected file half the time
  • It hangs when I switch branches sometimes
  • etc.

Is this normal? Sometimes the issue is just the spinner being left on-screen, but other times the app is completely unresponsive and I have to kill the whole process and restart. Unfortunately this kind of disrupts the debugging flow, so I was wondering if there were options I could tweak (perhaps increase cache sizes?) to improve the situation for a larger repo? 

What is everyone else using on OSX these days with their medium-large team? Command line?

Thanks!!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
bgannin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 7, 2018

Hi,

Please see my response in this thread.

Brian Ganninger
Senior Mac Developer, Sourcetree

Matt S November 8, 2018

Hi Brian-

Thanks for the response, I'm glad to see that you're working on it and it sounds like there might be some improvements shipping in the near future - which is great. I'll try tweaking my exclusions to see if that helps in the meanwhile.

Thanks!!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events