Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

setting own dns setting

Timo Achilles
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 19, 2017

hi all 

is it possible to change https://myname.atlassian.net to https://www.myname.com in the cloud? thank you for your help, best from timo.

4 answers

3 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 19, 2017

There is a feature request for this in https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CLOUD-6999   If you read the latest update from this past March, there appears to be a private beta program you can try to register for.   It's no guarantee that you might be eligible to do this yet, but you could try that.

I would recommend watching and tracking this issue.  Should Atlassian begin to offer this as a service some day in the future, this ticket will be updated to reflect that.

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 19, 2017

No.

Two reasons:

1.  Cloud does not yet allow you to change the base url for a Cloud system - the only way to do it is a replacement - "buy a new one, export from the old one and import into new"

2.  Cloud does not yet support anything outside the Cloud domain.  The url must end with .atlassian.net

Both of these are things Atlassian want to support in the future, but I've no timetable for when they may happen

0 votes
Answer accepted
Timo Achilles
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 21, 2017

thank you nic and andrew, looking forward to get that feature.

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 21, 2017

Hi @Timo Achilles,

Glad to hear that was helpful.   Please click the checkbox next to the answer(s) that helped resolve this problem.   This will accept those answers as solutions.  This can help our system show this issue as solved.  This way if other users are searching for the same question they have a better chance to find these responses that can help them too.

Thanks,

Andy

0 votes
140401 kindia May 20, 2018

Hi I am new to Atlassian. Can you please let me know how to map a dns with ip address (local Host )on AWS ec2 instance.

Who provides dns or how to get it?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2018

You need to talk to your internet service provider about that.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events