numbering tasks

sabina March 14, 2013

Does your system automatically assign numbers to every task?

3 answers

0 votes
Brian Weddell April 20, 2017

I worked around this problem by creating a table and putting my content within it, row by row.  Within the table is a gear icon and has the choice to create numbering within the first column of the table.

It would be nice if the ability to have numbering and a task icon were allowed to coexist, though.  Creating the table and copy/pasting each line into a row is tedious.

0 votes
Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 14, 2013

Indeed it does.

Well, that's just a guess but every system, at least every computerised system that I've ever played with that stores anything that could be consider a "task" also happens to be pretty darn good at "automatically assigning numbers to every task". At least in some sense.

If you're talking about Jira, then it certainly does and you can use those numbers to refer to tasks within a specific project.

Brian Weddell April 7, 2017

I'd like to revisit this post.  The company I work for uses Confluence to document deployments for applications.

I need the ability to have a task box (completed or not) AND numbering so we know where we are in the workflow.

I cannot get both of these to coexist on the same line.  I can do either the task box OR numbering but not both.

I also tried setting up a two column table.  column1 would have the check boxes.  column2 would have the numbered list.

This didn't work either and in column1 I could only create one check box.

If this isn't on someone's radar to fix, can it please be added?  An approximate release date would be helpful as well.

Thanks!

Brian

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 14, 2013

Could you describe your requirement in more detail? What system are you referring too?

Suggest an answer