nfeed child field does not have selectable values on bulk change

Frans Hoeks March 11, 2013

Hi,

The issue I am having with the nfeed custom field is as follows:

I have 2 nfeed custom fields. One of these fields is the parent and the other one is the child. When I just create or edit a single JIRA issue, I am able to select a parent field value and a corresponding child field value.

But when I want to perfom a bulk update (edit) on both fields in one or more JIRA issues, I am able to select the parent field value, and I see that the child field is refreshing. But when I want to select a value from the child field, my select list is empty (only option is, the default one: Select Value).

I would like to know why the child field does not return the values based upon the parent field on bulk change and I would like to know how to solve this.

Looking forward to your reply,

Kind Regards,

FJP

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Cyrille Martin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2013

The problem is solved temporary in the snapshot attached to this JIRA issue.

The next offical release (4.2.3.7) will include the fix.

Regards

Cyrille

0 votes
Deleted user March 11, 2013

After further investigation we found out (using Firefox's Firebug add-on) that the parent field isn't sending its current selected value to JIRA. That's most likely the reason why the child field isn't showing it's dependent values.

This only seems to happen in the bulk change issues view.

Suggest an answer