nfeed child field does not have selectable values on bulk change

The issue I am having with the nfeed custom field is as follows:

I have 2 nfeed custom fields. One of these fields is the parent and the other one is the child. When I just create or edit a single JIRA issue, I am able to select a parent field value and a corresponding child field value.

But when I want to perfom a bulk update (edit) on both fields in one or more JIRA issues, I am able to select the parent field value, and I see that the child field is refreshing. But when I want to select a value from the child field, my select list is empty (only option is, the default one: Select Value).

I would like to know why the child field does not return the values based upon the parent field on bulk change and I would like to know how to solve this.

Looking forward to your reply,

Kind Regards,

2 answers

1 accepted

The problem is solved temporary in the snapshot attached to this JIRA issue.

The next offical release ( will include the fix.

After further investigation we found out (using Firefox's Firebug add-on) that the parent field isn't sending its current selected value to JIRA. That's most likely the reason why the child field isn't showing it's dependent values.

This only seems to happen in the bulk change issues view.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Jason Wong
Published yesterday in Agility Beta

Welcome to agility

Every team in the world is unique, and so   Atlassian believes   that each and every team's best way of working  needs to  be molded to their unique circumstances  – ...

382 views 6 16
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot