how can i use hierarchy ?

What is the best way to use hierarchy or workflow, so that i can tie number of epics to certain features.

I wish to have a hierachy - Feature -> Epics -> Stories -> sub tasks.

3 answers

Need high level tracking of custom features for the project. Can any one reply how they are doing it using JIRA, Ability to track epics on high level...

JIRA Agile would allow you to do something similar, but it's limited to Epics -> Stories -> Issues -> Sub-tasks. Otherwise you could go by issue type and use issue links to create the hierarchy, but you'll probably need some add-ons like JJUPIN or Script Runner to make issue linking mandatory and to enforce the general structure of this hierarchy.

Hi Kasa,

You could try our Structure add-on for adding higher levels to the JIRA Agile hierarchy. This would let you create high-level overviews of groups of Epics, groups of Features, projects, etc.

Cheers,

Robert

is there any free tool available ?

Sorry Kasa, I don't know of any free tools that can handle the visualization aspect.

I would add to Florin's suggestion that you could perhaps try adding a custom field to Epics to indicate the Feature they belong to, and use that to filter your Agile boards.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted yesterday in United States

Topic Tuesday: What's your favorite topic?

Good morning All, Our goal is to get you into the habit of while enjoying your favorite morning drink you are checking the NOVA "space" for topics and comments. Your input is really needed and...

45 views 4 0
View post

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you