cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

git was not found on the PATH for Stash

Rolf Steinecke September 1, 2012

When I try to use stash I get the message

'A fatal error has occurred

The following problem occurred which prevents Atlassian Stash from starting correctly:

git was not found on the PATH for Stash. Please add git version 1.7.6 or higher to the PATH and restart Stash.'

But I have git 1.7.11.4 installed and in the PATH. PATH is exported and git should be available for Stash. Only one version of git is installed. I've restarted Tomcat several times and reinstalled git with empty home directory and database. The result is the same.

2 answers

0 votes
CelsoA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 22, 2013

Hi,

This error can happens if Stash user has no rights to run the git command.

You can create a simbolic link of git binary on /bin folder, as the /bin folder helds all binaries that can be executed by all users.

If you already has the GIT binary on /bin give it 755 permission.

Regards.

0 votes
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2012

Hi, is git installed by the same user running Stash? I'm just wondering if the PATH variable does get to Stash. Also make sure that the user running Stash has execute permissions to the git path.

Also, what version of Stash are you using?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events