Why has my component lead as default assignee option gone missing?

In the past i've definitely been able to make the default assignee the component lead, now in the roles section in admin i only see 'project lead' and 'unnassigned' as options. why is this? There is no option in the permission scheme to make 'component lead' an assignable user. I have been able to give each component a lead so i have no idea why this isn't working. Please help!

2 answers

Was just being a moron, i've figured it out :)

For those who are wondering what happened : It's now the default behaviour if any component has a component lead and the default behaviour is to assign it to the component lead than this will override any project wide assignee.

Some more information can be found here : https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Defining+a+Component

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Jason Wong
Published 12 hours ago in Agility Beta

Welcome to agility

Every team in the world is unique, and so   Atlassian believes   that each and every team's best way of working  needs to  be molded to their unique circumstances  – ...

231 views 5 14
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot