Why does the transition screen drop down not appear in the workflow editor?

I have run into situations where the transition screen drop down box does not appear while in the "edit transition" pop up in the workflow editor. I have not found any particular pattern to this occurring. Leaving the workflow editor and re-entering one or two times usually solves the issue.

Could this be a bug or are there situations where the workflow editor should hide this drop down from the user?

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.
Joe Wai Tye Atlassian Team Apr 08, 2013

Hi Aaron,

Hmm, that's indeed curious. Have there been any recent changes that could have triggered this? It shouldn't hide the drop down, as far as I know. Also, does this occur for all users?

Cheers,

Joe

Joe,

I have only attempted to edit workflows as one JIRA local administrator user. I believe the issue was more prevalent when editing a copy of an existing workflow. I do not know if that has anything to do with it, though. I have seen it happen on workflows in both an active and inactive state of publication.

Thank you ,

Aaron

This is how it appears when there is no screen selection drop down. Exiting the workflow diagram and re-entering seems to be a valid workaround.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted 8 hours ago in Teamwork

What teamwork quotes inspire you?

Hey everyone! My name is Natalie and I'm an editor of the Atlassian Blog and I've got a question for you: What's your favorite quote about teamwork?  We've compiled a list here, along with...

23 views 2 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you