Why does the transition screen drop down not appear in the workflow editor?

Aaron Lieb April 8, 2013

I have run into situations where the transition screen drop down box does not appear while in the "edit transition" pop up in the workflow editor. I have not found any particular pattern to this occurring. Leaving the workflow editor and re-entering one or two times usually solves the issue.

Could this be a bug or are there situations where the workflow editor should hide this drop down from the user?

1 answer

0 votes
Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 8, 2013

Hi Aaron,

Hmm, that's indeed curious. Have there been any recent changes that could have triggered this? It shouldn't hide the drop down, as far as I know. Also, does this occur for all users?

Cheers,

Joe

Aaron Lieb April 8, 2013

Joe,

I have only attempted to edit workflows as one JIRA local administrator user. I believe the issue was more prevalent when editing a copy of an existing workflow. I do not know if that has anything to do with it, though. I have seen it happen on workflows in both an active and inactive state of publication.

Thank you ,

Aaron

Aaron Lieb April 9, 2013

This is how it appears when there is no screen selection drop down. Exiting the workflow diagram and re-entering seems to be a valid workaround.

Suggest an answer