Why do my pushes not exist on Bitbucket?

Hi guys and girls,

This is a bit of a "mess up" for me right now, and could do with a little help.

On Saturday I pushed commits to Bitbucket, and, by my own mistake removed my working project. Cloning my repo did not show my latest changed (I have pushed at least 5 times since March 06th). Looking through Bitbucket and none of my pushes exist, anyone have any idea why?

I've now lost a good months worth of work so any help would be somewhat appreciated.

2 answers

Hi Steve,

I strongly recommend you to open a support ticket so the Bitbucket support team can further troubleshoot your problem. Just go to support.atlassian.com and when creating the ticket select the Bitbucket Support project.

Hope you have success in retrieveing your data.

Best regards,
Marlon Aguiar

Yes a support call is always a good idea, from the description I think that whist pushing, you may not have either (a) committed your changes or (b) added/removed new files and commited. Unfortunately, if either of these cases has occurred, your data never got pushed and will be lost / require serious data recovery effort$ on your hard drive.

If you clone your current repo, assuming mercurial, 'hg log' should show the recent log entries, including the one you refer. Comparing the contents of the pushed changeset(s) will allow you to determine what files have been updated, and which have not, further helping to determine if (a) or (b) above was the cause.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Marketplace Apps

Tips on how to choose the best estimation method for your planning

Planning and grooming sessions all come with their own sets of rules. Team members meet to estimate stories or other work items, all according to an agreed-upon process. And with every session comes ...

65 views 0 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you