Where can I change to bug to "not a bug" ?

nissim laniado April 16, 2014

Where can I change to bug to "not a bug" ?

3 answers

1 vote

THANKS

1 vote
Per Sundstedt April 16, 2014

Hi Nissim,

If I understand you correctly, you have chosen issue type "bug", during investigation found out that it's not a bug and want to close the issue? You need to add a resolution that describes the issue as"not a bug".

Se following page for more information how to add resolutions in JIRA:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Defining+Resolution+Field+Values

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2014

I assume that you have an issue type of bug, and you have an issue that has been logged as a bug and you want to change its type?

If so, then you may be able to edit the field that says "bug" directly, depending on your configuration. If you don't have that option, then you will need to use "move issue", which will ask you which project and issue type to move it to (you can keep the same project)

I will ask again

i am QA tester and I have opened a bug

After descussion with DEV it is not a bug

How can i close it as "not a bug" state

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2014

Ok, it would have helped if you'd explained that in the first place.

I'd go with Per's answer as the best one - you need to close the issue and have a resolution that indicates why.

Suggest an answer