What is the best upgrade path going from Confluence version 2.10.3 to version 4.3?

Can we go directly from a 2.X version to a 4.X version or are there key interim upgrades that we should perform?

2 answers

To upgrade from 2.10 to 4.3, please follow these upgrade paths: 2.10 --> 3.5.17 --> 4.3

Documentation:

Dear Amalia, Please update your answer with the info from mine below. Going straight to 4.3 from 3.5.x causes many issues xhtml migration issues for the most popular 3rd party plugins (Adaptavists and CustomWare's among them). Stepping to 4.2 first actually fixes this. This will save customers a lot of time and increase their joy :) thanks! Brendan

Thanks Brendan for sharing this :)

OK so the better answer than above is actually 2.10 --> 3.5.17 --> 4.2.x --> 4.3 and I'll tell you why.

I just completed the upgrade of a relatively massive Confluence instance. We ran into a lot of xhtml migration issues when going straight to 4.3. Going to 4.2 and then 4.3 fixed many of these issues across tens of thousands of pages.

This CustomWare page was absolutely right:

http://wiki.customware.net/repository/display/AtlassianPlugins/Upgrading+from+Conf+3.x+to+4.x+-+CustomWare+Plugins

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Marketplace Apps

Tips on how to choose the best estimation method for your planning

Planning and grooming sessions all come with their own sets of rules. Team members meet to estimate stories or other work items, all according to an agreed-upon process. And with every session comes ...

33 views 0 10
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you