Update SMTP Mail Server

I want to update SMTP Mail Server to send notification emails. But I don't want to set username or password under SMTP Host. So do I must need an unauthenticated SMTP?

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Cathy,

It seems that you would need to use JNDI location in order to hide the username and password of the mail server used to be saved on the server's {{server.xml}} file.

Please follow this documentation for detailed instruction on how to use JNDI location to configure your mail server

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/How+do+I+configure+Confluence+to+use+GMail+as+the+mail+server

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra

I don't think so. Our password need to be changed every three months, so we don't want to use username or password neither under SMTP host nor in JNDI location.

Hi Cathy,

It is not possible to set an SMTP server without username and password as Confluence would need it to authenticate against the configured SMTP server to send the outgoing mail(s).

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra

I have solved it by setting the right SMTP host, then we can send emails without username and password now

could u tell us how did u do?

Hi trepatreolo,

I believe that Cathy kept the Mail acceptance opened to all the messages from the JIRA server based on its IP address. In this case you don't need to set a username/password. I have a similar configuration in my lab environment.

?can confluence use the server mail setted on jira?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

68 views 0 1
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you