Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update SMTP Mail Server

Xiuqing Bao April 8, 2012

I want to update SMTP Mail Server to send notification emails. But I don't want to set username or password under SMTP Host. So do I must need an unauthenticated SMTP?

3 answers

0 votes
cisco September 12, 2012

?can confluence use the server mail setted on jira?

0 votes
cisco September 12, 2012

could u tell us how did u do?

LucasA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2012

Hi trepatreolo,

I believe that Cathy kept the Mail acceptance opened to all the messages from the JIRA server based on its IP address. In this case you don't need to set a username/password. I have a similar configuration in my lab environment.

0 votes
Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2012

Hi Cathy,

It seems that you would need to use JNDI location in order to hide the username and password of the mail server used to be saved on the server's {{server.xml}} file.

Please follow this documentation for detailed instruction on how to use JNDI location to configure your mail server

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/How+do+I+configure+Confluence+to+use+GMail+as+the+mail+server

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra

Xiuqing Bao April 8, 2012

I don't think so. Our password need to be changed every three months, so we don't want to use username or password neither under SMTP host nor in JNDI location.

Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 8, 2012

Hi Cathy,

It is not possible to set an SMTP server without username and password as Confluence would need it to authenticate against the configured SMTP server to send the outgoing mail(s).

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra

Xiuqing Bao June 27, 2012

I have solved it by setting the right SMTP host, then we can send emails without username and password now

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events