Unassigned users making comments on issues

Last night and this morning I received issue updates from active users that are coming in as unassigned user. It appears that they're replying through the email and sending without being logged in.

So far I've seen it with 3 active users.

Best,

Dennis

2 answers

Hi Dennis,

There is no relationship between a user sending an email and having to be logged in. If the email address the remote user has does not match a current JIRA user and you have not got user creation enabled, perhaps your email handler has a 'unasssigned user' as the default reporter.

Enabling inbound mail logging should help you see what is going on:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Creating+Issues+and+Comments+from+Email#CreatingIssuesandCommentsfromEmail-Troubleshooting

When you say unassigned do you mean anonymous? If yes, take out anyone from the permission on issues, just to ensure comments don't get in without a name.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Tips on how to choose the best estimation method for your planning

Planning and grooming sessions all come with their own sets of rules. Team members meet to estimate stories or other work items, all according to an agreed-upon process. And with every session comes ...

77 views 0 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you