Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to remove view restriction from a Home page in Confluence

Neeraj Tiwari October 8, 2014

Hi, by mistake I added a view restriction (view restricted to only confluence-users group) on a Home page of a space in Confluence. This has obviously created issues for our consultants who are in not in this group. So they are unable to view any of the pages in this space.

The solution is simple: remove the restriction. So, I hit the red padlock on the page and hit remove restriction and hit save. The window doesn't do anything. It just stays opened without any activity. So, I hit cancel. I hit edit on the page and then go to restriction and try to do the same thing. This time I am able to remove the restriction and hit save without any issues. Now, I try to save the page as I am still in the edit mode and it does the same thing. The page stays opened, looks like its trying to remove restrictions from all of the child pages. Basically, it just keeps doing this but it doesn't save. Hence, the restrictions still do not get removed. During the regular business hours when we have like around 300 users using Confluence, this operation even increases the CPU usage up to 100% - making Confluence very slow.

Can anyone suggest what we should do?

1 answer

0 votes
Neeraj Tiwari October 8, 2014

I was able to remove the restriction during non-business hours, but even then I was able to do so after 45 mins.

The real question is why does Confluence requires so much CPU usage and time to perform such a simple task as removing a restriction from a page?

Mark H_ Williams October 16, 2015

I'm having a similar issue and I believe it's because it has to traverse through all the pages and update the restrictions.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events