Unable to edit Email Settings

Andreas Bluhm February 27, 2013

Please help:

I am unable to edit email settings even as the administrator. The checkboxes are dead/disabled.

4 answers

0 votes
CelsoA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 28, 2013

Hi Andreas,

The user used to start jira is a system admin?

Can this user write files at jira folder?

He needs these rights to change configurations because some of them are written in files.

In what OS are you running your jira instance?

0 votes
Andreas Bluhm February 28, 2013

I am using Confluence 5.0 evaluation. The problem pertains to the administrator account and all users i created.

0 votes
Aspect Infra Team
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2013

Jira? Confluence? personal or site-wide?

0 votes
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 27, 2013

You have to be system administrator to edit e-mail settings... Do you have those rights?

Andreas Bluhm February 28, 2013

Thanks for answering.

In Confluence i have the user admin in the confluence-administrators group. Under global permissions this group has system administrator rights. Nevertheless the checkboxes under email settings are disabled. I tried to create a new user and give him all the rights too. For him the checkboxes are disabled too.

Suggest an answer