Transitioning from JIRA OnDemand to our own hosted version of JIRA

Chris Koplan September 10, 2012

Right now Imdex Technology is a small company without any in house IT support. As a result I love the hosted JIRA OnDemand functionality that is supplied. With that said, as this company grows I could easily see us eventually wanting to bring all this functionality to within our own walls and manage it ourselves. How difficult would the transition be from a JIRA OnDemand system we had been using for lets say 3-4 years to a locally hosted JIRA system? Would we be able to maintain all the history of what we had done on the JIRA on Demand system?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 10, 2012

Hi Chris,

A transition wouldn't be too hard. You'll just need a backup of OnDemand and migrate your setup over. It's definitely been done before. Atlassian support would also be of great help if you need anything in regards to this.

0 votes
Ellen Feaheny [AppFusions]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 10, 2012

Hi Chris -

We can provide this as a turnkey effort - and have for many customers who are in a similar sitiuation.

If you email me, I can provide you with a quote for the 24x7 hosting with JIRA-download (similar service level as JIRA OnDemand - of upgrades included, monitored, no headaches), and the migration to the new servers all provisioned for you is included. All Atlassian-skilled techs.

Your quote is based on your physical server / data needs, and can scale with you also as you grow, but pay when you need it.

Best,

Ellen

ellen@appfusions.com

Suggest an answer