Transition Screen Not Viewable In Issue Screen

I am trying to setup a step in my workflow where if a user clicks on a particular transition, a screen that I have created appears and the user enters in the information. The only issue is once the user enters in the information these fields are not appearing on the issue..

I understand in the screen scheme configuration you have to make sure the screen is set to 'view' however when i do this the original fields that I have setup before this transition occurs do not appear.

How can I make all the fields associated with this issue type appear?

2 answers

0 vote

Do not make the new screen as "View screen". You should have a separate screen where all the fields that you want to see on "View issue" page are available.

When you do that, users can edit the issue and fill in the original fields and can use the workflow transition to fill in the new fields. All the fields will be visible on "View" screen once they are populated.

0 vote

I'm not sure what you mean by you've "you have to make sure the screen is set to view" in the screen scheme.

To go over it quickly, a screen scheme tells the project which screens your Jira project/issue-type uses for the actions of Create, Edit and View. This is not related to your transition screens (although there is nothing to stop you using the same screen for any/all of them)

My best guess is that your transition screen is fine, and includes a load of fields, but you have not added those fields to the screen you are using in the screen-scheme for view...

I'm not sure what you mean. The screen that I have setup for 'view' is the transition screen. The 'default' screen is another screen I setup with a different set of fields that don't exist in the transition screen I have setup.

OK so if I understand this right, you can ignore the default screen as it's not relevant. Your transition and view screens are the same (not just similar definitions, but the same screen). Is that correct? If it is, then I would like to check my understanding of the problem - that you enter data in field x in a transition and then that data is not shown in view? (This is why I suspect you are using different screens - Jira will only behave as describes if you are using different screens, you have some JavaScript doing something horrid, or you have a function deliberately deleting your new data )

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Maarten Cautreels
Posted Thursday in Off-topic

Friday Fun: What's your favourite beer/drink

As a Belgian, beer-lover and home brewer, beer is one of my great passions. I love the fact that with just a few ingredients (usually just water, hop and malt) you can create so many different tastes...

288 views 38 9
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot