Stage Selected button greyed out while having file selected

zthemage April 15, 2017

I try to make atomic commits, which results in creating commits in small batches of files.

When committing such a batch, a next file is selected in the "Unstaged Files" window, but the "Stage Selected" button is greyed out, as if there is no selection.

The workaround for this problem is to just select a different file and then re-select the first one, but this really seems like a bug. Additionally, when only one file is present, the "Stage Selected" button remains greyed out and can't be triggered to refresh (because there is no other file to switch to).

1 answer

0 votes
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 18, 2022

I'm trying to understand what your requirement is here.  Have you figured this out?  Do you have a question?

AlexWijnbeek July 18, 2022

Hey, thanks for your response. I posted this question in 2017, and have since moved on to a different git client (Fork).

My original issue was that while a file in the staging area appeared selected, while the rest of the UI did not allow actions based on that selection. I'm not sure which version of Sourcetree this was, and if it has been fixed already.

This issue/question can be closed as it is no longer relevant.

Like Craig Nodwell likes this
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 18, 2022

Thanks for following up :) sorry it took so long for someone to come around and ask you :)
Have a great day.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events