Single Source/Reuse Queries in Other Queries?

Sergeo Khomutetsky October 17, 2012

I am tasked with creating multiple dashboards for several new projects. This will result in the creation of about 40 new filters. I know I can copy the dashboards and also copy the filters/JQL to create new ones, but I was wondering if it is possible to single source the queries.

For example, can you create one query (e.g. for stories that are in an open status), and then write a second query that includes the first query, but would also have the project key. That way, if something changes, I would only need to change one or a few queries instead of 40.

Thanks in advance,

Sergeo

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
SimonS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2012

Hi Sergeo,

This is a good idea. I'm afraid it's not available in JIRA though, either through the UI or by using an available plugin.

It would take ktime to implement, but you may as well file an official feature request for it at https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/CreateIssue!default.jspa

- Simon

0 votes
My Kro July 2, 2013

Where is this tracked? Thanks.

0 votes
Sergeo Khomutetsky October 23, 2012

Thanks for the response. I will submit an official request for this. Cheers.

Suggest an answer