Sharing filters does not work

Blommetje August 19, 2013

Well, got my JIRA OnDemand up and running but sharing filters is not working.

Even when I share a filter with Everyone is does not appear for my others.

Anyone got a clue on where to check this? Would be much appreciated!

1 answer

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 19, 2013

When you share they filter with someone, they still need to search for it and then make it their favourite.

Blommetje August 19, 2013

So if I want 50 users to use my new search for an overview on open issues they ALL have to search for it? There is no way I can add it to their 'Filter Overview'?

We have a LOT of Filters and all users need it, so this is quite needed..

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 19, 2013

Just send them the URL of that filter by mail, so they have not to search for it. But they need to add it to their favorites

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 19, 2013

You can script things like this in certain circumstances, but I don't think OnDemand supports it. I'd also suggest not forcing your filters or dashboards on to other users - humans don't like having other people mess with their settings. Actively encourage them to use and favourite them though.

Suggest an answer