Set all users to read-only

We are about to convert from JIRA onDemand to JIRA on-premisis.

After the conversion, I plan to keep the onDemand instance around for a few days incase there is some question about the data that was converted. I will change the banner, etc., in the old system to warn people not to make changes.

But it would be better if I could make the whole thing read-only. The new and old instances will look very much alike. I don't want some product owner spending several hours updating a project before discovering that s/he was doing so in the old instance.

Ideas anyone?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote

You can do it with the permission schemes. Make sure you remove pretty much all permissions except the Browse permissions and you should be fine.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Project+Permissions

I set up a permission scheme called Viewers. But when I toggle the projects to it, no one can see anything.

But I'm giving up. I just made sure everyone understands no to make edits in the old version.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Thursday in Off-topic

Friday Fun: Magic Eyes

...staring into the background. Once the image pops out in 3D, you can look around the picture and enjoy. If you will see if you are a true illusion master! :) You did it? :) Wow! Awesome! As a bonus...

418 views 79 11
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you