Removing User´s comments

karen vinasco July 18, 2013

Hi,

I am using JIRA on demand and I need to delete some former employees accounts to open accounts for the new users.

Since the "deactivate" feature is not available in the "on-demand" JIRA version I have been re-assigning issues and changing "reporters" but I couldn t find the way to search by "comment by" so I can remove those comments and then being able to delete the user.

When I try to delete the user the following message keeps appearing:

Cannot delete user. 'giselle' has associations in JIRA that cannot be removed automatically.

Change the following and try again:

• Issue Comments: 36

Please help me to change this ad I urgently need to delete those users and create accounts for the new ones.

Thanks,

Karen

1 answer

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 18, 2013

You don't need to delete users to get the licence seats back.

Remove them from all the groups that let them log in (usually, it's administrators and jira-users, but check Admin -> Global Permission in case it's been changed)

I usually recommend changeing their name to <name>(inactive user) or something to show they've gone, set their email address to a black hole if you can, and remove them from all roles as well

Suggest an answer