Removing User´s comments

I am using JIRA on demand and I need to delete some former employees accounts to open accounts for the new users.

Since the "deactivate" feature is not available in the "on-demand" JIRA version I have been re-assigning issues and changing "reporters" but I couldn t find the way to search by "comment by" so I can remove those comments and then being able to delete the user.

When I try to delete the user the following message keeps appearing:

Cannot delete user. 'giselle' has associations in JIRA that cannot be removed automatically.

Change the following and try again:

• Issue Comments: 36

Please help me to change this ad I urgently need to delete those users and create accounts for the new ones.

1 answer

2 votes

You don't need to delete users to get the licence seats back.

Remove them from all the groups that let them log in (usually, it's administrators and jira-users, but check Admin -> Global Permission in case it's been changed)

I usually recommend changeing their name to <name>(inactive user) or something to show they've gone, set their email address to a black hole if you can, and remove them from all roles as well

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Maarten Cautreels
Posted Thursday in Off-topic

Friday Fun: What's your favourite beer/drink

As a Belgian, beer-lover and home brewer, beer is one of my great passions. I love the fact that with just a few ingredients (usually just water, hop and malt) you can create so many different tastes...

288 views 38 9
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot