Remember Me doesn't remember us

We tick 'Remember Me' when logging in, but are forced to log in again when the browser sessions closes.

This is happening to all of our users, regardless of whether they log in with Google Apps or the native Atlassian login credentials.

Happens on both Firefox and Chrome, and cookies are enabled. I see that there have been some changes to the 'Remember Me' functionality in recent releases. This started happening about a week ago -- perhaps it's tied to the latest release?

9 answers

1 accepted

Hi Nick,

Just tried to do that according to https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Clearing+'Remember+my+login'+Tokens and received an error message: "The functionality you just tried to use is not available in this version."

What am I missing here?

Cheers,

Sutter

Nick Mason Atlassian Team Oct 01, 2012

Ah, sorry, this is just solely within your browser, the same method you'd use to clear any other cookies. :) Not specific to JIRA.

3 votes
Nick Mason Atlassian Team Oct 01, 2012

Hi Sutter,

You'll need to completely clear the browser cookies for your instance, and Remember Me should start working again.

Same for us. It simply does NOT work, whether you clear cookies or not. Period.

You can find instructions to clear your browser cache for most common browsers in this link.

Hi Nick, Your recommendation worked like a charm. Thanks.

Ok, sorry to open this old thread but it doesn't work for us ... flat out!

clear cookies or what not, it simply does not want to remember us. any browser, any computer, any user.

what could I be missing?

Ditto. We have a number oif users not happy about this feature fail. ASking them to clear their cookies puts us in a very bad position.

Does "Remember me on this computer" work or not ?

Just to clarify, our users only had to clear their cookies once; it wasn't an ongoing setting change. We've not seen this issue recur in the year since I first raised it. Good luck!

any updates ?

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Marketplace Apps

Tips on how to choose the best estimation method for your planning

Planning and grooming sessions all come with their own sets of rules. Team members meet to estimate stories or other work items, all according to an agreed-upon process. And with every session comes ...

63 views 0 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you