Recover data to a drop down list from an external data

Christophe Leite July 16, 2013
Is this possible to recover data from an external source, in order to enrich the contents of a drop-down list ? if it is possible, what form or should the JIRA project administrator add manually new data in drop-down list ? should I use a plugin to do that ? For example : I have a select list with operating system, which contains Windows, Linux, Mac Somewhere on the network, I have a textfile which contain several lines with one operating system by line. Is this possible to recover Unix from this textfile in line 4 ? Thank you very much, Christophe

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 16, 2013

First, you need to decide if this is a one-off, or an on-going thing.

If it's a one-off, then an administrator can simply type each line in, although for a large or complex list, it might be worth doing it with a jelly script instead (a bit of work in a spreadsheet can be faster)

If it's a list that may vary and is held externally, then I'd assume that it's in a database somewhere (because any other storage is pretty pointless) and I'd reach for a plugin. For example - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?application=jira&category=&cost=&hosting=&marketingLabel=&q=database+values

Suggest an answer