Recover data to a drop down list from an external data

Is this possible to recover data from an external source, in order to enrich the contents of a drop-down list ? if it is possible, what form or should the JIRA project administrator add manually new data in drop-down list ? should I use a plugin to do that ? For example : I have a select list with operating system, which contains Windows, Linux, Mac Somewhere on the network, I have a textfile which contain several lines with one operating system by line. Is this possible to recover Unix from this textfile in line 4 ? Thank you very much, Christophe

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote

First, you need to decide if this is a one-off, or an on-going thing.

If it's a one-off, then an administrator can simply type each line in, although for a large or complex list, it might be worth doing it with a jelly script instead (a bit of work in a spreadsheet can be faster)

If it's a list that may vary and is held externally, then I'd assume that it's in a database somewhere (because any other storage is pretty pointless) and I'd reach for a plugin. For example -

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Jason Wong
Published yesterday in Agility Beta

Welcome to agility

Every team in the world is unique, and so   Atlassian believes   that each and every team's best way of working  needs to  be molded to their unique circumstances  – ...

360 views 6 16
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot