Project Lead with Project Administer rights unable to add users to project roles...

Vanessa Alonso March 26, 2012

Could you please provide me some direction. I completed the below steps and still I can now have my Project Lead/Administer add users to the "People" tab under her project's administration.

1. Created a new "TEST" project under JIRA admin account
  2. Assigned "John Doe" as Project lead
  3. Created New permission scheme granting "Project Lead" access to every field- including Project Administer.
  4. Signed in with John Doe's account.
  5. Clciked Administeation
  6. Selected "Test" project
  7. Clicked People
  8. Began typing in existing users to add. But NO names appear (While I am able to add users in the JIRA Admin account)
  9. Signed back into JIRA Admin
  10. pdated the security scheme to grant thje single user "John Doe" access to ALL fields, including Project Administer
  11. Repeated steps 4-8
  12. I'm also unable to "Edit the Proejct" or select a" different security scheme" or "security level"

Please let me know what I'm doing wrong- I've been scouring your documentation

1 answer

1 vote
Dieter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2012
Does user John Doe have the global permission "Browse users" ? That would explain he cannot select users. Assigning a different permission scheme als requires the permission "JIRA Administrators". Please check this first
Vanessa Alonso March 27, 2012

THat work- thanks so much. I was positively losing my mind!

Dieter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 27, 2012
Glad i could help :) also wouldn't mind if you accepted the solution ;)
JamesT
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 20, 2016

Thanks, this just helped me, over 4 years later!

Suggest an answer