Problem when importing a word document

Vadim Rutkevich November 20, 2012

Hello,

today I have encountered a strange issue when importing a document (about 320 pages into our confluence). When I tried to import the document, I got finally after the file upload the following error 'You are not permitted to perform this operation'. When I try to import a smaller document about 20 pages, all works fine in the same space. I decided that the issue can be caused by internal content of the document, so I removed all Visio diagrams. Nevertheless there are a lot of images, cross references and several tables. I removed index. When I tried to import the document again, the same error. What can cause this? The document is saved as for Word 2007-2010 - DOCX format. Maybe it is very large (10 Mb) or what?

Please advise.

All the requirements for Office documents are met. The user account has all the required permissions.

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Chung Park Chan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 20, 2012

You're probably right. Confluence has default size for attachment at 10MB. You can try increase the maximum size in Confluence Admin >> General Configuration >> Attachment Settings. If that still fails, do raise a support ticket :)

Cheers.

Vadim Rutkevich November 20, 2012

Thanks. After increasing attachment size all works pretty fine.

Many thanks.

Sagar Dubewar May 30, 2017

Getting the same problem...the workaround suggested is not working for me. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 30, 2017

Is it the same error?  What do the logs say?

Confluence.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 30, 2017

And the logs?

No logs displayed

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 30, 2017

An "import failed" will write to the application logs.  You need to get those and read them to see what the error is.

I use the cloud edition...

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 30, 2017

Ok, then you'll want to raise this with https://support.atlassian.com - tell them the date/time of the last time you got the error message and ask them to tell you what the logs say - that will probably explain it.

Ok. Thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events