OnDemand Instance For Answers Community

Any possiblity of Atlassian providing a shared OnDemand instance for the Answers community so that all experiments and checks could be done by the community members? Probably a minimum karma count also could be kept to decide who all can access the same?

5 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Sounds good, I'll plug this idea with Jeremy next week, he's currently on vacation. Stay tuned :)

@Dennis : Did Jeremy agree to this? :)

He thought it was an awesome idea; we'll hash out the details and keep you updated on this :)

Is this discussion still relevant, does the community think whether having an instance will help?

Great idea!!! The download and OnDemand versions are sufficiently different to make it quite hard to help someone with an OnDemand question when you don't have access to a similar environment. The problem is compounded by the fact that although there are top level documentation pages for OnDemand, the detailed documentation is for the download version with a vague "some of this might not apply to OnDemand" label.

I know I've shied away from attempting to help with some OnDemand questions because I can't piece enough together from the documentation and restricted functions doc to figure out if what should work with download would work for OnDemand, but if I had access to an OnDemand instance I could try something out before answering.

Exactly, that is what I was also looking for!

+1 I super agree with these.

Good idea, Renjith :-)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

69 views 0 1
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you