Notification Scheme by Issue Type

heidicw January 11, 2018

Am I able to edit a notification scheme by issue type?  For example - I want emails sent when bugs are created, but not new features.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2018

I am afraid notification schemes are project level, so you can't do this.

Yet.

There is an open request to move them down to issue type level somewhere, and Atlassian seem to want to do it, but I remember it's not a high priority, and it's not in my bookmarks, so I'm not sure where it is.

Sheri October 26, 2018

Hi @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- - my CEO wants to receive notifications when high/critical priority bugs are created. I cant find anything recent in the community on this topic. I'm fairly new to the Community so I'm not entirely sure how to find out the current status of this item. Are you able to provide guidance? Many thanks. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 26, 2018

It's a bit fuzzier now.  Atlassian have admitted that JaC (the public issue tracker) is basically a skip on fire - it's hard to work with the sheer volume of stuff in there and they're increasingly looking here for the more high level guidance.

So, while JaC has a number of issues related to this, I'm not sure they're much use.  Jira 8 has a load more email filtering in it, which might help, but for 7, your only option is to look at add-ons that you can use instead of notifications.  Lots of them do "send email if..." (and you then turn off the internal notifications)

Sheri October 26, 2018

Thanks for your response Nic, I appreciate it. We are using the Cloud version of Jira - I will look and see if any of the improvements to email filtering are available. If not I guess I will just need to wait until Atlassian decides that enough of their customers are angry about JaC that they should do something to correct the problem. 

Suggest an answer