New user unable to log in

Glen Cantrell
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 17, 2013

I am the admin for our On Demand instance of JIRA Greenhopper. I added a new user today via the Invite User flow. He received the invite, clicked the link, entered his password and was taken to a blank screen with a log in prompt a the top right of the screen. I manually reset his password, same thing. I deleted the user and recreated it, same thing. I used the manual Create User flow, and, again, same thing. I am attaching 1 screen shot that reflects his user experiences each time I tried to create his account. I have never thad this problem occur with another user.

1 answer

0 votes
MJ
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 17, 2013

Please check on your application access page if thr user in question has application access to begin with. You can find this page at <yourinstance>.atlassian.net/secure/admin/user/ApplicationAccessConfig!default.jspa

Glen Cantrell
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 17, 2013

I verified on the application access page that the user has JIRA access. It is also confirmed on the user's profile page. The only thing I can see about this user that is different is that he doesn't share a domain name with our organization (external contractor). I searched for settings that limited domain names for user accounts, but came up empty. Also worth noting is that the user has had failed login attempts (or at least attempts), but the user profile page shows no activity (see attached).

Suggest an answer