New Workflow-Actions are missing in existing issues

I've added two new status and actions to my default Workflow. They only appear on new issues, not on existing issues. How can i change this behaviour, so that the new status will be shown on existing issues too?

1 answer

0 vote

The actions will appear on the existing issues if they are in the right status and you've not protected them with any conditions. Check those two first.

Then, compare your new issues with your existing ones - what is the difference between them? Issue type? Project? Other fields?

There is only one condition: Only the editor of the issue can use the action (standard condition, which i copied from e.g open action). The status (= open) and issue-type (= task) and project are the same. In my tests I recognized some crazy behaviour, even in the same project there are actually old issues, which allow using the new actions, same status, same type, same editor - i can't see any substantial differences. What's going on??

I'm not sure. All issues of each type in a project should behave in exactly the same way, irrespective of their age - when you change the workflow scheme, it applies to the whole project.

I'm not sure what "only the editor of the issue" means here though - it's not in "Jira Language" - do you mean assignee? Could you maybe get the text of all the conditions on the workflow associated with "tasks" in that project and look at the transition out of "open" - the one that is not appearing.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Tips on how to choose the best estimation method for your planning

Planning and grooming sessions all come with their own sets of rules. Team members meet to estimate stories or other work items, all according to an agreed-upon process. And with every session comes ...

78 views 0 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you