Must always select from drop down menus

The menu across the top of Jira used to default to the last selection if you clicked on the heading. e.g. If I clicked on the word Agile it would take me to the Rapid Board I was last in. After the reformatting of the menus a month or so back it seems I have to always select from the dropdown menu. So now I click Agile, get a dropdown menu, then click the board I want. I'm usually accessing the same board, Project or going to the same Tempo view so it's getting a bit annoying to have to always select from the dropdown. Is it possible to turn the old behaviour back on or is there an alternative way of navigating.

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

You can always bookmark your pages in your browser! But yeah, still annoying...

I think Atlassian has intentionally changed the behavior of those buttons. Which means they either received a bunch of customers requests for that, OR somebody defined that this is better for most customers.

Your options would be:

to raise a feature request at jira.atlassian.com (maybe there is already one?)

to right a plugin for JIRA that changes the behavior of the buttons. Or even adds some buttons for you. It really depends on whoelse is using the instance. I've seen JIRAs with a Favorites menu, where people can add whatever they want.

Good luck with JIRA!

Thanks Luzia. Atlassian confirmed the behaviour has changed. There is now a feature request https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/AOD-6266. But I'll look into what you have suggested.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted 6 hours ago in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

26 views 0 1
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you