cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration of dashboards from portlet to gadget

Séb P.
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2012

Hi all,

I'm migrating from Jira v3.13.5 to Jira v5.1 and I have an issue with the migration of my users' dashboards. I have an old custom plugin that display a portlet in the dashboard of most of my users. I have upgraded that old plugin to make it use the new gadget API, and the whole works like a charm.

But after the migration of data from v3 to v4 and to v5, all my dashboards that were using the portlet/gadget display the following error: "invalid/legacy/portlet/Please_remove_this_gadget_from_your_dashboard"

How could I migrate my users' configuration to use the new gadget and keep theire settings? What is the expected procedure to do this? I really can't tell my 500+ users to manually adapt their setting for all of their dashboards...

Any idea? Thanks!

PS : I didn't change my portlets/gadgets keys in the config...

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Wojciech Seliga
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2012

I guess you need to write a plugin upgrade task - https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Writing+a+Plugin+Upgrade+Task+for+JIRA+4.0 (this link actually as a sample upgrade task describes the process of converting portlet config to gadget).

To make it harder - Portlet-specific classes were removed in JIRA 5.0, so if you use them (and not manipulate DB directly) you would need to do the upgrade in 2 phases - so that your plugin upgrade task runs in 4.x first before eventually being used in 5.0.

Séb P.
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 30, 2012

After some tests I was able to make it work :)

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events