Migrate LDAP users to an internal directory

Scott Pillsbury December 9, 2012

My company is relocating and I need to move JIRA application and database to a new server. The new server will be stand-alone and not part of a domain. In fact, the domain controllers are being decommissioned. I've successfully built a new server, installed the same version of JIRA (4.4) and restored my database to the new server, but now my LDAP users can not log in. Only my jira_admin user (which is the only user in the Internal Directory).

Is there a way to copy, migrate, or convert my LDAP users to the Internal Directory?

Thank you,

Scott

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Scott Pillsbury December 14, 2012

To fix this problem, I ended up just upgrading to version 5.2.

Once that was done, I was able to log in with an admin user from the internal directory, go to the "Users" tab and selected the "Migrate Users from one directory to another" feature. The URL is: http://localhost:8080/plugins/servlet/embedded-crowd/directories/migrate

Thanks for the other suggestions.

0 votes
Naren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2012

Did you update the osuser.xml and atlassian-user.xml in the upgraded JIRA with the previous JIRA's osuser.xml and atlassian-user.xml.

Suggest an answer