Mail handler not creating new issue from new email but add it as comment

Ilka December 3, 2013

I have sent 1 email to 5 different mailbox with same subject to be converted as new issue in each project.

But what happen is.. 1 issue created in project A, then others was created as comment in project A.

2 answers

0 votes
Aylin Kohls
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2016

Hi Ilka! same thing is happening to me righ now!

And I'm using only one handler (create or add comment...)

Have you find a solution?

Thanks!!

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 3, 2013

Which mail handlers are you using, and what is the configuration of all of them?

What was the summary for the five emails?

Ilka December 4, 2013

It only happen when i sent email for multi recipient.

The email subject is "PREVENTIVE - Update Session WorkingDate".

My email that sent to SMA mailbox was converted as a new issue SMA-495, but the same email for other recipients/mailboxes was recognized and added as a comment to SMA-495 whereas there is no issue key mention on the subject. So, at the end there is 1 new issue created with 4 comments added to that issue.

I'm using "create a new issue or add a comment to an existing issue" handler.

I think the configuration is already correct, because everything works well when is sent email for single recipient.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 4, 2013

Ok, that's good info, but I need to ask more questions. Can you confirm the exact configuration of the handlers? You have five handlers configured? And they are all "create or comment"? What is the difference in the configurations of the five of them, if any?

Ilka December 9, 2013

Yes, I have 5 handlers and they are all "create or comment".

The differences in the five configurations are the mail servers and the project.

This is the sample of my configuration:

server - aaa@xxx.com
project - aaa
issue type - issue production
bulk: ignore
cc assignee: false
cc watchers: false
create users: false
forward email: xxx@xxx.com
notify users: false
strip quotes: false

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 9, 2013

Ok, and for the second one, you've got "Server - bbb@xxx.com, project bbb", for the third "Server ccc@xxx.com, project ccc" and so on?

Ilka December 9, 2013

Yes, that's right

Ilka February 24, 2014

Is there any solution for this problem? >.<

Cause it's still happening

Suggest an answer