Jelly Script as a Service on Linux

Hi

I have tried look around for an answer on this, but can only find some vague comment about where to put the jelly script on a linux server so that jira can access the file.

I have a jelly script at this location:

/opt/atlassian/jira/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/jelly-support-component-set.xml

And in jira jelly service config I specified that as the input file, but it doesnt seem to work?

3 answers

1 accepted

Hi Janet

THanks for the reply, I figured out that it was the permissions on the file, our sys admins copied it on as root, and didnt chown this to jira so that it would have permissions.

regards

Justin

Hi Janet

THanks for the reply, I figured out that it was the permissions on the file, our sys admins copied it on as root, and didnt chown this to jira so that it would have permissions.

regards

Justin

0 vote
Janet Albion Atlassian Team Jun 05, 2013

Hi Justin,

You may save the Jelly script in any location that JIRA has the right to read. But, please make sure to specify the "Jelly Output File" as well. This is because, if the output file does not exist or not specify, the Jelly script will not run.

-Janet

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Uncategorized

Friday fun: how many celebrates Midsummer holiday or is this a Swedish tradition only?

Any other country that celebrates Midsummer holiday (this friday 22 June)?  

35 views 3 1
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you