Issues are not getting created through email though the test-connection was successful

Mohini P May 20, 2014

Hi JIRA lovers,

I have created a mail handler to create issues and comments from email. Though on testing the connection it shows that 3 messages read and 2 JIRAs are created, still later NO issues are getting created. I also received new messages on that email which are supposed to be picked up by JIRA for issues creation.

Kindly help.

Thanks,

Mohini

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2014

You'll need to read the log to find out what's going on.

Jira won't make much noise when issues are created successfully, but it will tell you if it processes and drops incoming emails. Could be any reason though - sender not having create issue rights in the project is the usual one, although you might find that others are being added as comments because they match existing issues.

If mails are disappearing completely, then you need to look at the mailbox. The fact you're saying "I received new messages on that email which are supposed to be picked up by Jira" strongly suggests you've got an email client pointed at the same mailbox, which could easily be removing the emails before Jira gets to see them...

Suggest an answer