Issue searching by 'External issue ID'

Hakob Simonyan May 5, 2013

How can I search an issue by 'External issue ID' ?

Tanks in advance

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted

Thank you.

It works with the following format: "External issue ID" ~ "13951" .

0 votes

I have migrated DB of Bugzilla into JIRA. Now I would like to find an issue (on JIRA environment) which is correspond to my bug ID. In the issue body I see my bug ID as an "External Issue ID".

0 votes
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2013

can you specify what you mean with "external issue id" ?

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2013

oh ok. i see this KB

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Importing+Data+from+Bugzilla

where they say

Each imported issue will be given a new JIRA ID, and the old Bugzilla ID will be saved into a JIRA custom field called 'External issue ID'. This custom field is searchable, so you can search for JIRA issues by their old Bugzilla ID.

you can use JQL to search in customfields.

we have a customfield for domains... if i want to search for ".com" entries i can search like this:

Domain ~ ".com"

it should be possible to use "External issue ID ~ YourID_here"

please try

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 5, 2013

great...do you mind marking this answer as the correct one?

have a great day

Like Christof Nolden likes this

Yes, of course! The answer is correct.

Best Regards,

Hakob

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 5, 2013

hmm i thought my answer was the corrent one .. :)

Suggest an answer