Issue Security not an option with Create New Issue

Brian Clampet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 2, 2013

I'm testing Issue Security through Project Roles for the first time. I've followed the steps in your documentation but the feature is not working as aspected.

I've created a new Role (Manager), Created a new Issue Security Scheme (HR Manager), Assigned the role to this scheme and then associated a project to the scheme. In the process of associating I moved 13 tickets to this security setting. When I create new tickets in this project I do not get the option to select the Security.

The goal is enable HR Managers to set their tickets and issues so only they, and not the other members of HR, can view these sensitive issues.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 2, 2013

check that the project role has the "set security level" as a permission on the permission scheme.

Also see this link

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA044/Setting+Security+on+an+Issue

Rahul

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 3, 2013

Brian, Did it work?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events