Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way to delete a revision in the issue history?

Ashley Raiteri May 2, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Viewing an Issue's Change History

One of our team members accidentally put sensitive information into an issue's description.  I've edited the issue, but I really need to remove this sensitive information entirely from the issue.  Can we edit the issue history?  Or perhaps completely delete the issue and create a new one?  Will that remove it entirely from the JIRA data stack?

2 answers

0 votes
Paulo Junior
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 2, 2016

Hi Ashley,

There's a very similar topic here: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/28905

Thought it's not recommended, you may delete items from issue history, as long as you delete the respective entries from changegroup and changeitem tables.

Please make sure to backup your instance prior to any changes.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2016

It is possible only with SQL hacks (not recommended).  Deleting the issue is the right approach - it will remove it (and the history) completely.  Although I'd create the new version first, so you can copy and past what you need from the one you're going to scrub.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events