Is it possible to merge tags in answers.atlassian.com?

Gary Weaver
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 4, 2012

Noticed that there are some duplicate tags in answers.atlassian.com. For example:

• jira-plugins-developement x36
  • jira-plugins-development x9

where both of those could easily be jira-development.

This screws up Favourite Tags functionality, so it would be great if periodically these could be merged. Is it possible to do that as an answers user, or only as an admin? If so, how much karma do you need to merge tags?

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 4, 2012

Thanks Gary. I'll put a higher priority on Clean up AAC tags, which I already knew had to happen. This also inspired me on a new feature: Ability to merge tags.

Oh, almost forgot: you can retag an individual question with 100 karma and you can edit (which includes retagging) with 500. That's different from bulk retagging, which I'd like to build in.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2012

The ability to merge tags could save quite a lot of effort, especially if you allow high karma users to do it (or possibly better - people who tag a lot? I know I'm spectacularly bad at tagging...)

Gary Weaver
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2012

Thanks, Jeremy! Sounds perfect!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events