Is it possible initiate multiple 'bulk move' activities at the same time in parallel

ohmkaar kambhampati
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 24, 2013

Hi,

I see that jira supports this feature of bulk operations like move. eg: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Modifying+Multiple+('Bulk')+Issues

I notice that this operation moves issues more or less sequentially and takes some time. Is it possible initiate multiple 'bulk move' activities at the same time in parallel to speed up the operation?

Ohm

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Taiwo Akindele
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 24, 2013

If you're objective is mainly to save time while moving issues in bulk, it should be ok especially if you're not moving issues into the same project in parallel. You have to consider that if you're running parrallel bulk moves into the same project, PERHAPS there may be a risk of data corruption, in a case where multiple issues get assigned the same issue-key in the new project.

There should be some mechanism in place to prevent this from occuring and there is no known case as such, but it's just something I'd be careful about.

0 votes
darylchuah
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 24, 2013

Hi Ohm

Yes you can initiate bulk move activiies in parallel by doing opening multiple internet browser tabs and run it at the same time.

Suggest an answer