IE 10 Support timeline

Debbie Vandermade March 13, 2013

Hello,

Seeing that MS is rolling out IE 10 in their Required Update schedule, what is the timeline for Atlassian to support JIRA on IE10?

Thank you

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Debbie Vandermade April 8, 2013

Any more updates regarding this? Switching browsers is not a reasonable answer. We can't be asking users to install new browsers just for this.

Thanks

0 votes
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2013
0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2013

Internet Explorer - the world's favourite browser (for downloading the proper browser you actually want to use...)

0 votes
Felipevsw
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 8, 2013

It has not been certified yet. Like Nic said above, please, watch the page to get notified about updated: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-29448

0 votes
Felipevsw
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 18, 2013

I believe the best way to address this issue is to use another supported browser like Firefox or Chrome (always on latest versions).

Cheers,
Felipe

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2013

I think it's still a case of watching the release pages and https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-29448 for updates.

0 votes
Felipevsw
Atlassian Team
March 14, 2013

This has not been made public yet. You can check this information, when it's available, here: Supported Platforms

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 14, 2013

Atlassian tend to release things "when it's ready", they rarely commit to specific dates, because there's no way to tell if something is ready until it's tested properly, and once it's been tested properly, then it's kind of ready to announce almost immediately. I imagine they will support IE10, but I don't think you'll get a firm date. As Felipe says, watch the supported platform pages.

Debbie Vandermade March 18, 2013

Thanks for the answer. However I'm running Jira 5.1.5, and users on IE10 cannot add comments to the tickets. So what is the work around for IE10 users till Atlassian starts supporting it?

Thank you

Suggest an answer