I cannot login to my Jira deployment

Edmon Uyan September 16, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Login problems

We have an existing Jira/Confluence/SSO Deployment. However, all of a sudden, all of our users can't login to Jira. They are able to continue logging into the Confluence and SSO. May i know where do i start checking?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2016

There are logs in <JIRA home>/log - depending on how your SSO has been built, logging might be going to various files in there - atlassian-jira.log is the main application log, but there's also security logs in there that usually log "user X logged in" or "user Y tried but failed authentication".  SSO logging could easily go into either of those.

Edmon Uyan September 16, 2016

Hi Nic. Do i have to SSH to my SSO server in order to see the log files?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2016

I'd start with SSH over to the JIRA server first - you'll want to read the JIRA logs I mentioned to see why it's not letting you in. 

You might want to look at SSO later if the JIRA logs say "your SSO server isn't talking to me/letting them in/etc"

Suggest an answer